Instagram

Monday 17 August 2015

[4D3N Bangkok] GAAM Hotel, Pratunum, Chinatown & Saphan Phut Night Market

 

Last year, I had my stay in Budacco, a highly recommended hotel situated in pratunum area. I have to agree with my friends on their huge room and have a wonderful location for many street food day & night. However, I do not know how to appreciate the sink area along the corridor, outside the bathroom. It might just be the room I stay or all the room are the same? Let me know if you have a different encounter, cus I will not mind staying there again if the sink is in the bathroom. :)

This year, I saw a few relatively new boutique hotels with price comparable to Budacco's. After reading up on many reviews, I made the decision to have my stay with GAAM hotel. Price is slightly cheaper and location is around the vicinity. It might be a little dark at night, but still quite safe and if you need some supper just walk a little to pratunum market area. 

Just like how other travellers reviewed, I'm wow-ed by their service. Remember I mentioned having some hiccups before our trip? I booked the hotel through Agoda, and they have a strict policy of no cancellation or change of dates. I was so worried that I contacted GAAM hotel directly and asked if they can allow me to push forward my dates (after knowing that they still have rooms on the night I want). However, staff from GAAM hotel advise me to contact Agoda instead, since I made my booking with them. :( Long story short, Agoda managed to push my dates forward after discussing with the hotel, at no additional charge. Phew, I was really thankful for the things they have done. :')


We chose the Galaxy King bed at 22sq. m., one of the biggest room they have. The room was still small but cozy which I feel is really enough for 2, if you are there for shopping and a good sleep. Their room comes with 3-pin socket so you no need travel adapter and they also have USB charging (which means you do not even need your plug!)! I like how thoughtful they are, especially when nowadays electronic devices are so important to everyone of us. I forgot to take a picture of their bathroom, but trust me, it's exactly what you see on their website. I also love the hotel theme and their concept of platform beds. Thumbs up GAAM hotel! 

7eleven and massage parlours are all a stone throw away. They have limited rooms, so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment!

Breakfast is not provided by the hotel, but c'mon, I love Bangkok's street food! There are a few stalls selling noodles and toast right outside the hotel. We managed to get our cha yen (milk tea) and cha khiao (green milk tea) caffeine fix every morning!

I wanted to wake up for pratunum morning market, which I ended up giving in to my bed. We went out only at 10am to try our luck and at the same time have breakfast. Our friend introduced us this pork porridge last year and porridge standard was still as good.



Right below the "blue house" signboard


 

The stall is located along the stretch of road from Budacco. Exact address should be around Phetchaburi 15 Alley.

Just a few stalls down, I saw this snack which I always want to try.

This should be called Khanom Jark? (Correct me if I am wrong)


Glutinous rice with yam and red bean(I think?)
Headed back to our hotel empty handed but good food in the tummy. Heh. Snooze a little more before we start our day at Platinum Mall.

We first had lunch at the foodcourt in Platinum Mall and slowly comb the entire place.

Top: Pig Trotter w Rice
Bottom: Duck Noodles
Platinum is as crowded as usual. But, if you shop fast enough, covering the entire place in a day is not that tough. Just remember the signs above which tells you the section and soi, so you can always locate back the shop you want! Clothes are no longer that cheap but you pay slightly more for quality!

Next stop, seafood at T.K in Chinatown.





Chinatown is still one of the hot spot for tourist. Roads are very busy at night and queuing for seats is a norm. However, this was one of the most disappointing meal we had for the entire trip. :( I regretted not going to Central World for my favourite salted fish!

Tuk tuk to a local night market at Saphan Phut.




Taking a slow walk down the stretch of road, looking at how local runs their business at a night market. You might not find the best kind of fashion there but definitely an eye opener for me and H. You can cut your hair at 100Baht (S$4), get a new set of bands (colourful) for your braces in any of the stalls or even getting a tattoo! Not our kind of place for shopping but stuff there are relatively cheap. Go only if you want such an experience and have time to spare.

After shopping at Siam Night Market, we finish off with a foot massage! People at iSabai was friendly and so we went back for massage every night.



Must have supper! Banana Chocolate Prata!
Day 2 comes to an end earlier as we recharge for Chatuchak the next day.

1 comment: