Instagram

Tuesday 8 September 2015

[4D3N Bangkok] Doy Kuay Teow Reua, Chatukchak & JJ Green Night Market



Due to some changes at work, I did not have enough time to update this post. I shall complete my entire trip ASAP! It's so hard when everything is urgent and you hold 2 positions at one time. Blogging must have some curse, I cannot seem to blog in ease. Hahaha.

Let's back track to more than a month back, when my memory is still fresh!

The breakfast right outside our hotel every morning (except Sunday). Interestingly, soft boil egg comes in a cup with a cup of teh-o. Anyone knows why its served like this?

We took a cab straight to Victory Monument since it's not too far away. We alighted at the main road and took a 5minutes walk in, where you will also pass by a small pretty temple. 



Not pretentious, no fancy signboard
Spot the boat


I've been to Thailand a couple of times, but only got to know of boat noodle recently. Somehow, it became popular in Singapore too. The place we went to have less tourists, which makes communication slightly more challenging. Fred not, the lady boss can still understand some English. The portion is really small and you can finish it in a few mouthful. H had 4 and I had 3 bowls, a mixture of pork and beef. Surprisingly, both have different taste and I would suggest to order one bowl of each first, before deciding which you like best! *Fried Wanton Skin and Veggie are free flow*


Doy Kuay Teow Reua
Address: Ratchawithi Soi 18 (Wat Makok), Tanon Ratchawithi, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Operating Hours: 8am to 6pm Daily
Nearest Station: BTS Victory Monument
Direction: Exit 3, stay on the left (Ratchawithi) when facing the Monument, cross the street walk down the road till Soi 18. Walk into Soi 18 which you will then pass by the temple. It is just right at the back of the temple near a small river.


We were too lazy for BTS so we hailed a taxi straight to Chatukchak Weekend Market. Not sure if is the weather or I'm too tired to shop CTC meet my record of shortest time spent location in Bangkok. :/ On top of that, they had a power trip in the afternoon which we ended up seeing nothing much as the shops are too dark. Ventilation was kinda bad when there is no aircon or fans from the shops.

Pit stop at Napat Closet & Cafe. Their food presentation is really impressive, from desserts to beverages, and displays, everything are done perfectly (very instagram worthy).





Pretty looking ice cream with lots of other ingredients!

Mini Pizza

I'm sure to go back for them some day
Spotted this place on instagram and got so attracted to their photos. Food that looks good makes me happy! :)

Napat Closet & Cafe
Address: Chaktuchak Weekend Market Section 2, Soi 40/2 R.232-242
Operating Hours: Only on weekends
Nearest Station: BTS Mo Chit
Direction: Locate on Chaktuchak map before walking there. It will be easier to find. 

Conquered Union Mall with H before going back Chatuchak again for the night market. Here is another popular place visited mainly by locals.




There is very minimum information on the internet about this place, but it is far more interesting than expected. The only reason that I might not want to go again is the insane crowd. We had a hard time navigating in that area cus I am totally unfamiliar. Thankfully, we still managed to find a decent restaurant to settle for dinner. :)




 
For a moment I thought I was having mookata, till I saw kimchi I conclude that it is Korean BBQ that I am having. My gawd. Haha. The meal was dirt cheap. If I didn't remember wrongly, we paid only $16-18SGD for so much food. The place is quite big so we did not cover the entire place. We were so tired and have lost our strength to squeeze with the crowd. Lol.

JJ Green Vintage Night Market
Address: 1 Kamphaeng Phet 3
Operating Hours: 6pm to 1am Thurs to Sun
Nearest Station: MRT Kamphaeng
Direction: Is located behind Jatujak Park. Cab recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment